Thursday, January 21, 2010

Scrapper’s Delights – True Romance

Well, as you all probably know by now, I’ve fallen head over heels for Scrapper’s Delights products!  I can’t help myself they are just too cute!  And if you’ve been reading my blog for any amount of time, once I clamp on to a designer I believe in I don’t let go.  See my Winter’s Magic post for the first in what will probably be a long series of gushings about Janice’s super cute kits.  

Well this month she released a super romantic Valentine’s kit
that just so classy you’ve got to see it.

Now before you say anything, yes I know my layouts are not Valentine-y.  The hubs is not a huge fan of having his picture
taken so there’s not many I haven’t used in other layouts
already so I went the opposite direction and wanted to
show the versatility of this kit. 
(And I just have to be difficult/different and not follow the theme.)

 
Photo aging product by Gunhilde Storeide all other items from True Romance by Scrapper’s Delights.

 
Maybe a little explanation would help this one, I’m a big George Burns fan more of a crush actually.  I wanted to make this a “born too late” kind of thing, but I couldn’t find a pic of me with George (from Madame Tussaud’s of course) but the cards in the background easily lent to the playing card Janice included with the kit so I just went where it lead me.  I made the cards by stretching the red background a little and clipping it to the card face, to keep the shape consistent.  Then I added a Vegas style card back with the black velvet alpha included with the kit.  A little outer glow and Rickles font and voila! we have perfectly Vegas inspired tribute to a wax idol. 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you stop by the Scrapper’s Delights blog and give it a looky-lou or the store and pick up a copy of True Romance.  I’m sure I will be back with more fabulousness from this kit (hint-hint).  There’s all kinds of fantastic things coming from SD soon so stay tuned!

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. Thank you for taking the time to leave yours.